Technology • Marketing • User Experience • Strategy
A leader and innovator with a wealth of experience in software development, data collection and management, and digital thinking, rooted in creative strategy and intuitive user understanding.
Self-motivated, passionate and creative problem-solver. Detail-oriented and conscientious project manager and budget steward. Respected and respectful thought leader, mentor, and client advocate.
Director • Engineer • Developer • Designer
Kroger / Fred Meyer 2018-Present
Sr. Media Technologist - Architecting and leading a small team in developing next-generation data integration system and utilities/platforms for managing ingestion and curation (ETL) of consumer advertising, behavioral and conversion data across Kroger's parent companies, subsidiaries and partners.
Self-employed 2017 – Present
Technology Consultant - Provide technical strategy for hardware and software solutions, infrastructure, and content. Architect and build web and database tools for inventory tracking, resource scheduling, project management and media services. (Clients: HMHagency, Pacific Service Center)
HMHagency 2006 – 2017
Technology Director - Led technical initiatives for company, clients and projects; oversaw multiple projects simultaneously from short term marketing campaigns to full website designs/redesigns; developed global and project-based digital strategies; coordinated relationships with clients, technology vendors, and external resources; led and mentored web and database development, software and mobile engineering.
Mentor Graphics Corporation 1999 - 2006
Senior Web Development Engineer / Team Lead - Designed architecture for and managed agile development team in evolving and maintaining corporate website, intranet, engineering knowledgebase, and created tools for engineering, education and human resources divisions.
Align Solutions Corporation 1998 - 1999
New Media Developer - Engineered internet, intranet, extranet and interactive kiosk solutions, including database design, interface design, prototyping, and testing. (Clients: Texas Children’s Hospital, Halliburton, Houston Symphony, Houston Children’s Museum, Administaff, Enron, and others)
Agency.com (formerly Eagle River Interactive/Graphic Media) 1995 - 1998
Multimedia Developer - Developed multimedia projects including marketing and training CD-ROMs, POS kiosks, internet and intranet websites, and portals. (Clients: Compaq, HP, Microsoft, Intel, and more)
NBA Portland Trail Blazers 1994 - 1995
Multimedia Developer - Designed, developed and launched high-end commercial audio and video storage, delivery and automation package for arenas and stadiums. Designed and maintained league-first website.
Symantec (formerly Central Point Software) 1992 - 1994
User Interface Designer - Designed and drew specifications for suite-wide user interface look and feel for versions 1 and 2 of Central Point Software’s award-winning PC Tools for Windows utility package.
User Interface Consultant / Contractor 1988 - 1992
Various California Locations
Clients included: Apple Computer, Xerox, Frox Entertainment, Ford Motor Company
- Helped build, integrate, and maintain custom lead-capture and digital marketing systems as enterprise-level solutions for multi-divisional marketing efforts, content management, e-commerce, and conversion.
- Coordinated and mentored team of eight designers and developers and introduced Agile development methodologies.
- Researched, vetted, and chose data and content platforms for all web properties.
- Trained and mentored team and staff in tasks and best practices.
- Spearheaded internal initiatives and developed custom tools to facilitate sharing of knowledge, code, and resources.
- Created templating mechanisms, modules, components, and webservices to aid data collection and maintenance and ensure consistency.
- Wrote and issued design and coding guidelines for all company digital properties.
- Developed Internet, Intranet and Extranet solutions including database design and implementation, SOAP and restful web service for analytics, Content Management Systems, bug and feature tracking, knowledge sharing and project management. (Clients: HMHagency, Milgard Windows & Doors, Oregon Community Credit Union, Thomas Built Buses, SUBWAY Restaurants, and others)
- Identified and capitalized on opportunities in digital marketing, digital media, social marketing, and technology solutions for lead generation and customer outreach. (Clients: PeaceHealth, Habitat for Humanity, Milgard Windows and Doors, SUBWAY Restaurants, and Northwest Natural Gas)
- Instituted online campaign guidelines based on best practices for marketing and paid search activities. Created task checklists making campaign set-up, launch, and maintenance quick, efficient, and 30% less resource intensive. (Client: Oregon Community Credit Union)
- Engineered mobile solutions including kiosks, presentations, tools and prototypes. (Clients: HMHagency, Vestas, Tolko Industries)
2018 - Present
Mentor, West Linn High School Robotics - FIRST Robotics Competition team #7034. Teach and assist 10th-12th graders in the use of milling machinery, computeraided design, mechanical and electrical engineering, and manufacturing. Coach team to design, build, drive and maintain medium-scale task-oriented robotics.
2012 - 2013
Coach, Three Rivers Charter School - FIRST Lego League Lego robotics teams. Taught 5th-8th grade students programing, basic robotics and game strategy.